Monday, February 1, 2010

Half way point

Hi everyone!! Sorry about the wait! I know I say this every time...but, the time is flying by! I have 28 days, 28 DAYS left here at TLC....I'm not sure how I'm going to tear myself away when the time comes. However, I'm so excited to go traveling and even more excited to step off the plane in Canada on April 1st. ;)
News...news...no robberies at all to report. :)
I went out for sushi for the first time in my life a couple of weeks ago. My favourite part was having them meander by on a mini-conveyor belt...like tiny tasty bits of luggage...The salmon rose was not my favourite. Yes, it sounds pretty, but having a mouthful of raw, cold salmon floating around was nearly enough for me to give them back the sushi I'd already eaten...if you know what I mean...
Okay, I don't think I wrote about this in my last blog...Last week, three of my bestest friends and I went to Pilanesberg Game Reserve (or is it National Park...oh well :) ) for the day and it was amazing. If you ever end up in South Africa, forget Kruger, Pilanesberg has everything. We had a herd of elephants following our car down the road for pete's sake. Within 20 feet of the car, how sweet is that? It poured the entire drive out there and was sunny immediately after we arrived....coincidence? :P We got there at 9 and by the time lunch rolled around we'd seen a lion, a herd of elephants (with a bunch of adorable little babies :) ) (definitely the coolest part of the day...), three rhinos, waterbuck, kudu, small little...deer...things..., springbok, zebra (also with cutesy little babies), wildebeest, giraffe, bunches of random birds, a limited view of a hippo's rear end, Egyptian goose...etc..etc...it was ridiculously awesome. ;) :D Of course, I took tons of pictures and videos, what do you think I am, crazy?
And this Thursday, a few of us are going elephant riding. I. Am. So. Excited. :D
Going to church and out for supper afterwards has become a weekly thing, which is wonderful. The church that we go to is great, very youth-orientated. As the pastor says, if you like loud music, this is the place to be. ;)
Rhys (Thea's son) got a new puppy. It's a German Shepherd, 6 weeks old, about 2 pounds and all fluff. So adorable. :) Oh, and Rhys got electrocuted...did I write that in the last one? He grabbed a live wire and started convulsing, foaming at the mouth, screaming, etc...landed up in the ICU for a day. As soon as he got home, he went back to work with the electric lamps to finish his work...ha ha...funny. His hand is now infected and swollen from the burns and the holes that the shock left go almost all the way through his hand...you can see right down them...it's gross. But he's fine and in generally good humour about it...:)
Not that you care, but Sulleyman is walking finally, Farren said 'hello' on her first birthday (still can't crawl) and Ilana can sit up by herself. :) :P
Anyway, there are people in line waiting for me so I should go. Love and miss you all. :) Have a wonderful week. :) xoxo

Karli

No comments:

Post a Comment