Thursday, February 18, 2010

The end is near....

Probably the most exciting thing that's happened to me so far happened just the other day. 'Tina and I were listening to one of her CD's and, after years of hearing my dad sing it to us late at night, accompanied by his trusty guitar, I finally heard the song 'House of the Rising Sun'. I've never been more excited in my life. Ok, that's a lie, but I was pretty pumped. :)
Oh my word, one of the dogs just attacked one of the TLC drivers. He's fine, but all of our hearts are pounding. The dog that attacked him is named Baron and he's a huge mastiff, bigger than any dog I've seen. He only ever attacks black people and he doesn't give any warning, which is what just happened. But everyone's okay, so we're good...But scary...
After I finished my last nightshift (*sniff*), I spent the night at Kim and Rob's place again. It was so wonderful. Over lunch, I sat around, not worrying about any babies, listening to Kim's dad tell me about his pet lion that they owned before the war days. Yeah, he's cool. Afterwards, I had a nice long shower, gave myself a face mask and soaked my feet in Kim's foot jacuzzi...thing...It was bliss. :) I got a chance to go on the REAL internet. Checked my facebook for the first time in almost 3 months. It was disappointing. :P In the evening, I talked to my family on Skype for a bit, then went with the kids to their school to watch a comedy show put on by their teachers. It was so hilarious and if it had been performed in Steinbach, all the teachers would have been fired and it would have made the news. :P Let's just say that it ended with all their male teachers performing the full monty...in glow-in-the-dark underwear. :) Classic. :P It's funny how 'history repeats itself'...yes, this may be totally insignificant to you all, but the next morning, I tried a traditional South African breakfast cereal for the first time, that my dad first tasted on the Churchill River 20 years ago. For some reason, that was important. :P
Anyway, I have to go help figure out a way for us to get to Lesotho on March 1st. For some reason a 1-hr flight costs R5000...so we're going by bus. :) Much love, wish us luck! :)

Karli

No comments:

Post a Comment