Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Parcel from home!

Hello:
Hi everyone, guess what! I received my first parcel from home today!! It more than made my day, obviously. :) I got...my favourite movie (Chocolat), a new journal, a few bags of my favourite tea and notes from mom and Adam. Adam's was on the back of his newest hockey picture and all the girls here agree that he's very handsome and tough-looking...but don't tell him they said that. ;)
Everything is routine here. The days don't really stand out from each other as much as they used to. Except the other day when I was on 'wishy-washy' for three hours in a row...I got a lot of cleaning done that day. :) We are at max capacity as far as volunteers go, and the office has scrambled to make up a few jobs to keep us all busy. We have four hour breaks every day, expected to increase to five hours this week. I'm off for the rest of the day since I start night shift tonight...another night shift...crazy.
The robberies have settled down as far as we've noticed. We had a locksmith come in and put new locks and deadbolts on all of our cottage doors, every cottage got an air horn, they've finally started putting barbed wire around the top of the wall and the head peoples' phone numbers are now posted in every room in our cottages...so they've upped the security...but just a bit...;P
Anyway, as I'm sure you can tell, nothing really exciting has happened here lately. No new babies, no new adoptions. Although, one of the Lions is finally on her way out. A lady came yesterday to meet her and fell in love with her, so the lady will be back to visit until they get used to each other and Khensani can go home. :) So that's an answer to prayer. :)
I'm supposed to be doing laundry and going to sleep right now, so I should go. Much love. I hope all is well back home. :) xo
Karli

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karli,
    I have been keeping up with your blog and have just not been posting anything. But I wanted to let you know that we are praying for you and are glad that you are having a great time, although it sounds somewhat exciting as well:) Anyway, we're thinking of you and are praying for more opprotunities for you to share the love of God.
    Blessings
    Pete and Irene, Christopher, Reuben and Joy.

    ReplyDelete