Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Don't panic

Nobody panic:
Hey everyone, I sort of get the feeling that my last blog post sort of left a few people wondering what the heck I am still doing here....To put all your fears at ease, I have some news. You know that gun that was apparently jammed? Well, as it turns out, it wasn't a gun at all, it was a long whip, used for keeping the dogs from attacking the robbers. The night guard saw the men again later and realized that he had been mistaken, it was a whip. So no worries. :)
Our internet has been more than a little dodgy and sporadic lately so emails might be a bit few and far between...
Hm, what to tell? I go to go to church for the first time since I've been here! It was an evening service and a local guy (who often volunteers at TLC) offered to take us with him. It was so wonderful; a lot like our praise and worship nights at home, mostly young adults. Afterward, we went out to a restaurant called Spur and had a bite to eat with some of the people from the church. Laura (a friend from Germany) and I have asked to have the last hour of every Sunday off, so hopefully it will become a regular thing. :)
I've been out a lot lately, which is a little strange. Besides church, I was at Southgate Mall the other day, just to buy groceries and mail a parcel (which didn't happen). And last night 9 of us went out for Mairi's 19th birthday to Moyo's (I was there the first week I was here as well) for supper and drinks. I had line fish (don't know what it actually was) with a sauce sort of like squishy pea sauce. :P It was quite good. :) We made it home just after 11 and I was asleep about 33 seconds after my head hit the pillow.
No new babies or adoptions recently. Right now there is some sort of stomach bug going through the nursery, only the Lions and Creepies though. Unfortunately, we can't really pin it down because the Lions ate acorns (poisonous apparently) and both Creepies and Lions were accidentally given milk that was bad. Of course, it might just be a typical stomach bug. I feel a little nauseous today though and I'm hoping I can skip over the sickness...
Anyway, that's all the exciting news for now. Did I mention last time that I finally got a letter? From Becca L. :) It made my day. :) Anyway, toodle-oo. Much love.

Karli

1 comment:

  1. Well Im glad to hear there was no gun, but 'no worries' doesnt come to mind when envisioning 6 men fighting off dogs and skulking around your unlocked cabin... regardless - I hope you are keeping safe and hope you feel more comfortable!

    I love hearing about your food! the fish sounds great! :)

    Hope you manage to avoid the stomach bug!!

    Thanks for keeping us all in the loop, I love reading about your adventures!

    Keely

    ReplyDelete