Saturday, February 12, 2011

Round 2 - NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FIRST BLOG!

I'm heading back to Johannesburg in a few days. And I wasn't going to blog this trip, hadn't really thought about it. But the other day somebody asked how they'd be able to stay updated on my travels and I just blurted, "I'm keeping a blog!"...so I guess I am. Has it really been a year since I was last in Africa? When I look at updated pictures of the kids now, I don't think, 'There they go, growing up all by themselves'...but rather, 'Only a few more days!'
But I have far more important things on my mind these days. Things that keep my mind off even Africa. My best friend's wedding is coming up, and in fact, she'll tie the knot two days before I get on a plane. I'm the maid of honor, so there seems to be a lot to think about. I can't imagine what must all be going through her head every day. It's fun though, something I've never done before. But strange also...are we really of marrying age?? When did THAT happen? Remember as a little girl when you used to lay in bed and dream of wedding plans? Yeah, someday they actually happen. Crazy, this thing called life.
For interest's sake, I'll be in SAfrica until April 19, then I'm flying to spend a week in Holland and a week in Slovakia, to visit friends in Amsterdam and relatives teaching in Kosice. :) Should be fun. :)
Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment