Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Stuck

In a town that we only planned to spend a quick night in, we've now spent 2 long days, going onto our 3rd night. The town in question is Durban, right on the coast. And it would be beautiful, but our reasoning was, hey, we're only staying one night, so who cares where it is? Well, we may have possibly chosen the most dull part of the city...It's our fault though; apparently the Baz Bus only stops at backpackers when you call them to tell them to stop there, which we didn't, so we looked a bit foolish sitting around in a lobby, waiting for a bus that would never come...Thankfully, the bus comes tomorrow! Yay! Off down the coast for us; white sands and blue skies, here we come.
Today has been a bit of a strange day. The hot, sticky weather has put me in a bit of a bad mood, made worse by the news I recently received from one of my friends at TLC. Remember Max, the security guard who had his face shot up with a paintball gun? Well, he spent three days in hospital before he died from his wounds. Not all stories have happy endings I guess...but it makes it worse that I knew the guy, that I was awake and having a good time on the same yard as he when he was attacked...Because of that, and because the robberies have yet to cease for more than one night at a time, TLC has once again updated their security systems, and hopefully this time it works...
I met a guy sitting on the street today, both legs in braces. I asked him his name, introduced myself and asked what had happened...He said it was polio...I gave him some money, but I couldn't help feeling like he was chuckling to himself as I walked away...oh well, no matter if he lied, he needed it more than me...
Anyway, Riley's made supper, noodles or something of the sort, so I should go. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. :) Have a wonderful week. Much love,

Karli

No comments:

Post a Comment